Business service insights involves monitoring and observing from a business perspective. Having business service observability is critical to business success. The ability to correlate insights to determine impacted customers, customer user experience, application performance, or shared infrastructure services supporting the workloads is important to driving customer satisfaction, brand loyalty, and service quality improvements. A business might have questions such as:
- Are the business processes or services performing to the business service level expectations?
- Are there anomalies or deviations from the business norm?
Think of this focal area as the umbrella of observability over the business. For example, if the customer abandonment rate increases suddenly or varies from normal, does this relate to application performance, infrastructure-related degradations, or the customer’s digital experience?
Such insights, delivered with with Splunk APM, Splunk ITSI, and Splunk Log Observer, can be correlated to the other focal areas in the observe stage and proactively acted on via the AIOps stages of Engage and Act.
The guides in the next section use a fictitious company called CSCorp. Note that Business Service Insights focal area is at the top of the Full Observability Stack, highlighted in the Solution Flow below by the pink arrow. This allows observability to be applied across CSCorp’s entire application portfolio, giving the business a top-down view of its business health and performance.
Business service insights prescriptive outcome guides
These guides will be added soon. Please check back.
- Creating Splunk APM business workflow rules to monitor and observe business insights
- Creating custom events in Splunk Observability Cloud to enrich metrics in charts and dashboards with business related context
- Service modeling and operationalizing a business service with Splunk ITSI
What to do if you get stuck
Still having trouble? Splunk has many resources available to help get you back on track.
- Splunk OnDemand Services: Use these credit-based services for direct access to Splunk technical consultants with a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. Most customers have OnDemand Services per their license support plan. Engage the ODS team at OnDemand-Inquires@splunk.
com if you require assistance.
- Splunk Answers: Ask your question to the Splunk Community, which has provided over 50,000 user solutions to date.
- Splunk Customer Support: Contact Splunk to discuss your environment and receive customer support.
- Splunk Observability Training Courses: Comprehensive Splunk training to fully unlock the power of Splunk Observability Cloud.
Now you're doing more with your data, get even more value through implementing additional use cases.