Scenario: The production changes inherent in a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) model can overwhelm development teams. As an engineering team lead, you want to track production changes to maintain security compliance and have an audit trail for the lifecycle of a host or application. Over time, you want to use that data to demonstrate trends to improve your team's performance.
To succeed in implementing this use case, you need the following dependencies, resources, and information.
How to use Splunk software for this use case
Depending on what information you have available, you might find it useful to identify some or all of the following:
- Continuous delivery successful build percentage
- Continuous delivery build duration
- Continuous delivery productivity measurements
Track changes to maintain security compliance and have an audit trail for the life cycle of a host or application. Over time, you can use that data to demonstrate trends to improve your teams' performance.
These additional Splunk resources might help you understand and implement this use case:
- Conf Talk: Using Splunk as an essential component of a continuous integration pipeline
- Conf Talk:Continuous quality: Bringing CI/CD to Splunk app and add-on development
- Conf Talk: Five new Splunk features every DevOps / SRE needs to incorporate in 2021
- Docs: Troubleshoot the ITSI Module for Continuous Delivery