Bitbucket provides a central place to manage git repositories, collaborate on source code, and organize development flows. It includes:
- Access control to source code
- Workflow control
- Pull requests for collaboration on code review
- Jira integration
- Full Rest API to build custom workflow features
The three deployment options are
- Cloud. This includes a built-in continuous integration tool that enables you to build, test and deploy from directly within Bitbucket.
- Server. This is on-premise solution that offers integrations with Bamboo to completely automate your build processes.
- Data Center. This is hosted on a number of servers in a cluster on your environment. It provides performance at scale, high availability, and smart mirroring.
Guidance for onboarding data can be found in the Spunk Documentation:
When your Splunk deployment is ingesting Atlassian Bitbucket data, you can use the data to achieve the following: