The Splunk App for Ethereum provides a set of dashboards, macros, and searches for Ethereum and Ethereum-based blockchain networks. The app provides ledger analytics and node monitoring for any Ethereum-based (EVM) blockchain. These dashboards are meant to be a starting point for building analytics around your environment whether your infrastructure is virtual or physical, on-premise or in the cloud.
There are several dashboards provided to get you started with analyzing Ethereum data. These include:
- Introduction - A dashboard to ensure that your Splunk environment is receiving data. This dashboard links you to other dashboards and relevant documentation.
- Ethereum Starter Searches - See at a glance the number of blocks, transactions, average block timings, distinct Eth Addresses, and total Eth transferred. This dashboard includes links to Etherscan.io.
- Multichain Stats - If your deployment is ingesting mainnet and other networks like Rinkeby or xDai, you can see them all at a glance in this dashboard, enabling cross chain analysis.
- Gas Analytics - Get real-time visibility into the fees charged to execute transactions on Ethereum. This dashboard also includes machine learning functionality to predict where gas prices will go in the future based on past history.
- ABI Decoding - This app enables your Splunk deployment to decode your Smart Contracts and show you all the transaction and transaction log events.
- Explorer dashboards - There are Explorer dashboards for raw blockchain data, Smart Contracts, Ethereum Addresses, Wrapped xDai, and NFT's.
- Node Monitoring - Whether you monitor your nodes with Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring, OpenTelemetry, or Prometheus, the Splunk App for Ethereum has dashboards for the most common configurations. It also includes the ability to link directly back to Splunk Observability Cloud for any specific instance.
The app provides a number of macros to make configuration and data analysis easier. There are macros for index names to make it easy for you to customize your environment, a macro to parse ERC-20 transactions, and others to make trait parsing for NFTs easier.
- Install and configure Splunk Connect for Ethereum. The Splunk App for Ethereum is used in conjunction with Splunk Connect for Ethereum, which provides the data ingestion for Ethereum-based blockchains.
- Install the Splunk App for Ethereum on a Splunk Enterprise search head that will have access to the data.
- Edit the Splunk macro name
ethereum_indexand set the index name to whatever your ethereum index is.
- Open the app and navigate to the “Introduction” dashboard. You are now ready to use the Splunk App for Ethereum.