Splunk offers lots of EDU training courses to help you get up to speed on how to make the most of your deployment. Completion of these courses is an essential building block to success. And many of the basic self-study courses (without labs) for the Splunk platform are free! Click here to see all the free offerings.
To explore all courses, including in-person options and online with labs, go to the course catalog and filter by filter by certification, role, delivery method, and more. For more assistance understanding the course offerings, what certifications are available, and the perks included in the new learning rewards program, review the Splunk Education Student Handbook or get in touch with your account manager.
We also recommend the following:
- Splunk Search Tutorial. Follow our step-by-step guide through the basics of Splunk Cloud Platform. This guide uses a sample dataset so you can get up-to-speed on Splunk quickly.
- Splunk Fundamentals. Learn the ins and outs of Splunk from one of our own expert instructors in this self-paced eLearning class.
- Splunk Cloud Platform. Use this link to open a list of all courses available for Splunk Cloud Platform.
The Splunk Community is a free way to learn, ask questions, get answers, share ideas and connect with like-minded Splunk enthusiasts.
- Splunk Answers. Whenever you have questions, find solutions from passionate experts in the Splunk community.
- Community Office Hours. Ask questions and get live help from technical Splunk experts on a variety of topics at this bi-weekly zoom series.
- Community Slack. Join the Community Slack workspace to get quick help with issues, learn from other users in real-time, and to network with other Community members.
- User Groups. Meet virtually or in-person with local Splunk enthusiasts to learn tips & tricks, best practices, new use cases and more.
Technical help - OnDemand Services (ODS)
ODS consultants work with you directly to help you get answers to general questions, get insight on best practices, explore functionality, deploy or review the health of your instance, and implement your use cases. Most customers have OnDemand Services included as a part of their license purchase, but they do expire at the end of each quarter. Use them as early as possible in the quarter by following these instructions from the OnDemand Services Portal End User Guide:
- Open a request under the product Splunk Core - Enterprise/Splunk Cloud.
- Select the task Ask an Enterprise Expert.
- Wait for the consultant to reach out to you directly to help.
If you cannot open a case or do not know if you have OnDemand access, contact your Splunk Customer Success Manager/Advocate or Account Team or the ODS team at OnDemand-Inquires@splunk.
OnDemand Services Catalog
Project-Based Services are much more involved, typically larger-scale services engagements compared to OnDemand Services. With these, you will work with a Splunk Engagement Manager to determine and finalize the scope of the project. Once everything is signed off, we will work with you in lockstep to deliver on the agreed-upon project. If you’d like to explore options here, please get in touch with us via this contact form or get in touch with your account manager
Even the most savvy customer will need a little help. Whether it’s error messages, unexplained or unexpected behaviors, or incidents and outages, Technical Support is the first line of defense for all of your post-sales issues. Splunk Support Engineers will partner with you to ensure your environment is optimized to drive your journey with a focus on long-term technical health, so you can realize your ROI as soon as possible.
To review what is included with the Standard and Premium support programs, click here.
The Support Portal can be accessed from the Splunk.com home page for logged in users, or from the Splunk product application user interface. Bring up the navigation menu, scroll to the bottom of the side-bar, select Help & Support, and then select Support and Community. From there you will be able to open a support case.
Splunk comprehensive resource guide
Splunk wants you to succeed. If you haven't yet found the right resource to help you get the job done, take a look at our comprehensive help guide. Find online, self-paced courses or an instructor to come to your workplace to teach you and your peers together. Download a trial to learn by playing or join a live BOTS event just to play. Connect with Splunk enthusiasts near you, contact an Assigned Expert to dig into a difficult problem, or flaunt your Splunk talent by sporting the last Splunk t-shirt. However you want to get more involved and deepen your Splunk skills, we have an option for you.