These use cases, curated by our best practices team, help you get started using Splunk Enterprise.
Security Use Cases
Cybersecurity use cases teach you to work with key data to streamline your security posture, mitigate business risk, and drive the modernization and optimization of your cyber defenses.
- Explore security use cases on Splunk Lantern.
- Find Content with the MITRE ATT&CK-Driven Content Recommendation Dashboard.
Discover additional methods for deploying, administering and extracting more value from your Security data.
- Splunk Security Essentials: A free Splunk-built app that makes security easier, with four key pillars: to help you find the best content, learn how it works, deploy it successfully, and measure your success.
- Splunk Enterprise Security: A premium security solution that is the nerve center of the security ecosystem, helping teams gain organization-wide visibility and security intelligence for continuous monitoring, incident response, and SOC operations.
IT Use Cases
IT operations use cases teach you to work with key data concerning uptime, performance, and response times of mission-critical applications and the underlying infrastructure they run on.
- IT Essentials Learn: A free Splunk-built app with pre-configured searches and step-by-step guidance to make it easy to adopt and learn how to use Splunk for common IT monitoring and troubleshooting use cases.
- IT Essentials Work: A free Splunk-built app with out-of-the-box dashboards so you can start analyzing and working with your IT infrastructure data quickly. Better understand entity health and performance to speed up troubleshooting and streamline investigative workflows.
Observability Use Cases
Observability use cases teach you to work with key data for better management of complex, cloud-native environments, case management, and streamlined processes.
- Explore observability use cases on Splunk Lantern.
- New to observability? Check out Splunk's Beginners Guide to Observability to get started.
- Learn more about how Splunk Observability Cloud can help you deliver better customer experiences.
- Consider moving to Splunk Cloud Platform to unlock the full benefit of Splunk’s fully managed cloud-based portfolio including Observability Cloud.
Explore the top Splunkbase apps for extending the power of Splunk: