|Additional Security and IT Modernization Use Cases for the Splunk platform
This collection of use cases for the Splunk platform provides insights specifically for manufacturing and supply chain customers. Manufacturing facilities and supply chains are rapidly increasing in complexity with the expanded use of robotic automation, IoT devices, and mobile applications. At the same time, our manufacturing customers are also experiencing more frequent and disruptive cyber attacks. Achieving operational resilience with real-time security and predictive monitoring of assembly lines, supply chains, and IoT devices is possible with the Splunk platform.
For more advanced implementations, visit our use case explorers for premium solutions: The Use Case Explorer for Security and Use Case Explorer for Observability.
For more resources on how manufacturing organizations use Splunk software, see Manufacturing solutions or Splunk Edge Hub Central.
Use cases for manufacturing
- Identifying and quantifying your organization's carbon emissions
- You're looking to identify and quantify carbon emissions by creating monitoring dashboards that can be customized to suit your organization's needs.
- Identifying and visualizing supply chain issues
- You can use the Splunk platform to visualize the supply chain, warehouse inventory, and schedule searches to automatically get updates on a regular basis.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting device temperature
- Monitoring the temperature of devices in a manufacturing setting is crucial for ensuring operational efficiency and preventing potential issues such as system overheating or outages.
- Monitoring equipment issues in real-time with predictive maintenance
- Predictive equipment maintenance techniques are essential if you're interested in moving from a traditional, reactive maintenance stance to a more proactive and strategic one.
If you're an Splunk Enterprise Security user, you might also be interested in the use case Using Splunk for OT Security in manufacturing organizations. Splunk OT enables organizations that operate assets, networks and facilities across both traditional IT and industrial (OT) environments to better apply Splunk Enterprise Security to improve threat detection, incident investigation and response.