As a security analyst, you need to do the following to monitor your organization effectively:
- Enhance your attack surface coverage to include on-premises, hybrid, and multi cloud environments
- Investigate and analyze with a comprehensive view across all your data sources for faster detection and response
- Ingest and normalize structured or unstructured data at scale, and use flexible data routing and storage options for cost optimization
- Rapidly extract value from data sources you already use with an open ecosystem of integrations and apps
- Leverage detailed security detections and deep analytic stories that help get you to the answers without consuming excess time and resources or leaving risks unaddressed
Splunk Security Essentials meets these needs and improves security operations and investigations with an extensive library of over 900 pre-built detections and data recommendations for a multitude of Splunk environments, from Splunk Cloud Platform to Splunk Enterprise Security and our Splunk SOAR offerings. These features enable organizations to implement content on demand and adapt to a dynamic security environment.
SSE provides teams with a guided, measurable path to program maturity. Users can explore content through a variety of views and filters to find content based on their interest, understand what data they have or might need to implement that content, deploy content to their environment, and easily measure their security maturity level from a variety of dashboards and heat maps based on today’s common cybersecurity frameworks.
Adopting SSE content into an already curated Splunk Enterprise Security deployment enables your analysts to conduct more insightful security monitoring, as well as expand your threat detection, investigation, and incident response processes. SSE dramatically increases and strengthens the SOC.
The benefits and value of SSE include:
- Improved detections, find content that is most relevant to your environment
- Rich content documentation and easily interpretable descriptions that help you learn
- Improved production deployments
- Operationalized frameworks, like MITRE ATT&CK and Cyber Kill chain
- Clear ways to measure your success
Also, it’s free on Splunkbase! Watch the following demo to learn more.