Attestation to regulatory compliance rules and controls.
Article Type: Topic
- Analyzing AWS service action errorsYou want to use errors found in CloudTrail logs for alerting and proactive security hunting.
- Complying with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive IIRun these searches to help ensure compliance and identify any MiFID II violations so they can be investigated and prevented in the future.
- Defining and detecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in log dataYou need to be able to identify the types of PII that are meaningful to you, and provide feedback to your devs and ops teams on where it's turning up so they can secure it.
- Detecting unencrypted web communicationsHow to use Splunk software to find and correct unencrypted web communications.
- Identifying new Windows local admin accountsHow to use Splunk software to find new Windows local admin accounts so that you can take action, if needed.
- Knowing your financial services customer"Know Your Customer" is an important financial services regulation to ensure controls, processes, and procedures are in place to identify bad actors and protect legitimate customers.
- Monitoring consumer bank accounts to maintain complianceMonitoring customer accounts also helps banks to adhere to compliance regulations.
- Monitoring NIST SP 800-53 rev5 control familiesYou need to monitor the control families listed in NIST SP 800-53 rev5.
- Processing DMCA noticesYou want to use Splunk software to speed up the processing of DMCA notices.
- Recognizing improper use of system administration toolsHow to use Splunk software to examine Windows security logs for unusual authentication events and then investigate events taken by those logged-in users.
- Running common General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance searchesHow to set up searches to monitor GDPR compliance in Splunk, with tips and tricks from Splunk experts.