After the root cause of an incident is determined, the incident might need to be rerouted to the appropriate support team to remediate and bring the service back to normal.
The guides in the next section use a fictitious company CS Corp and its Online Boutique application for context and discussion purposes. To ensure Online Boutique’s application availability, the importance of efficient incident response cannot be overstated. By using Splunk On-Call to send alerts, CS Corp will be able to stop manually updating spreadsheets, call trees, and email incident management. This tool empowers fast and efficient incident resolution. The guides will provide a detailed look at the basic configuration and processes necessary to improve CS Corp’s business outcomes. The pink box in the solution flow diagram below highlights the area we will focus on.
Remediation prescriptive outcome guide
This use case covers both the Incident Investigation and the Remediation focal areas of the AIOps lifecycle.
Other use cases to consider
Use cases are specific to each organization, so also consider these thought starters as a way to help with your ideation of new use cases.
- Automated software restart. Software such as Windows services, Linux processes and executables are commonly stopped and restarted in order to resolve an incident. These types of remediation actions can be automated using various Splunk Observability solutions. Although it is often a good idea to research these types of recurring incidents and eliminate the root-cause so automation isn't necessary, there are situations where doing so either will take too long or too many resources. In those situations, automated remediation is a good continuity solution.
What to do if you get stuck
Still having trouble? Splunk has many resources available to help get you back on track.
- Splunk OnDemand Services: Use these credit-based services for direct access to Splunk technical consultants with a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. Most customers have OnDemand Services per their license support plan. Engage the ODS team at OnDemand-Inquires@splunk.
com if you require assistance.
- Splunk Answers: Ask your question to the Splunk Community, which has provided over 50,000 user solutions to date.
- Splunk Customer Support: Contact Splunk to discuss your environment and receive customer support.
- Splunk Observability Training Courses. Comprehensive Splunk training to fully unlock the power of Splunk Observability Cloud.
Now you're doing more with your data, get even more value through implementing additional use cases.