Discrete monitoring of individual application code and SaaS applications, including data collection and monitoring of metrics, logs, and traces.
Article Type: Topic
- Creating SLOs and tracking error budgets with SignalFlowHow to use SignalFlow to better understand your service-level objective needs and performance.
- Monitoring API transactionsHow to use Splunk software to build out robust and flexible performance tests for your API transactions.
- Monitoring AWS Lambda functionsHow to instrument Lambda functions to get visualizations, tagging, custom metrics and detector notifications similar to what's in Splunk APM for microservice architectures.
- Troubleshooting a service latency issue related to a database queryHow to troubleshoot latency issues with a service which may be the root cause of digital experience, service performance, or other SLI (Service Level Indicator) deviations.
- Troubleshooting checkout latency issuesTroubleshoot and fix checkout delays, with step-by-step tips on how to use Splunk software for this use case.
- Troubleshooting code bottlenecksIdentify and isolate code bottlenecks with Splunk software, allowing you to perform code profiling with minimal overhead.
- Troubleshooting database performanceWhen monitoring the performance of a DB instance in Infrastructure Monitoring, you need to navigate to Splunk APM to determine what services are contributing to infrastructure high resource usage or a performance issue.
- Using OpenTelemetry annotations to lower MTTRLearn how to use annotations to associate your captured measurements to provide contextual information about your distributed workloads.
- Using OpenTelemetry processors to change collected backend dataLearn how OpenTelemetry processors can work with your application’s telemetry to help you achieve better security and efficiency.