- Product: Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring
- Feature: Kubernetes integration
This use case is part of the Kubernetes use case adoption guide, intended to get you up and running with bite-sized, self-contained use cases based on the most common problems that our customers seek to address using Splunk IM.
You've just got your Kubernetes data into Splunk Observability Cloud, and now you're not sure what to do next. There are seemingly limitless ways to use Splunk to achieve different use cases, and you need to start learning how to get value from the platform.
Some questions you might have about using Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring to monitor your Kubernetes environment include:
- How can I identify which pods are failing or stuck in a pending state?
- How can I ensure that the number of running instances matches what I expect?
- How do I know if appropriate resource limits have been applied, and if any pods are exceeding those limits?
Splunk experts have recorded short (~5 minute) videos on some bite-sized yet high-value foundational use cases. Each video is self-contained, so you can pick the use cases most relevant to you and your organization.
We recommend that new users complete at least 2-3 of these use cases to get comfortable with the Splunk Observability Cloud platform and its basic functionality.
By completing these use cases, you will "learn by doing" and acquire the following skills:
- Interpret the built-in dashboards / Infrastructure Navigator to understand your Kubernetes environment
- Build custom detectors / visualizations
- Set-up custom alerts and notifications
- Interpret detectors, visualizations, and dashboards to complete basic troubleshooting
What to do if you get stuck:
Still having trouble? Splunk has many resources available to help get you back on track. We recommend the following:
Splunk OnDemand Services: Credit-based services that allow direct access to Splunk Technical Consultants for a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. At this stage of your journey, the following OnDemand tasks may be most helpful:
- Assist with building a simple dashboard / chart
- Create a simple detector
Splunk Answers: Ask your question to the Splunk Community, which has provided over 50,000 user solutions to date
Splunk Customer Support: Contact Splunk to discuss your environment and receive customer support
Splunk Education Resources:
To fully unlock the power of Splunk, we strong recommend our comprehensive Splunk training. At this stage in your journey, we recommend the following courses:
Now you're doing more with your Kubernetes data, take a look at some Next steps.