Foundational Use Cases
Let's start with high-value foundational use cases:
- Monitoring Kubernetes pods - Apply insights from Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring to support scaling of your Kubernetes environment.
Next steps in your Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring journey
Now that you have successfully got your data in and configured some basic use cases in your own environment, your next steps are to configure additional use cases that are more specific to your environment.
Splunk experts have developed additional self-guided use cases, provided extra resources through OnDemand Services, and developed recommended trainings to help guide you through.
Enable self-guided use cases across your environment
These use cases are ideal for higher complexity Kubernetes use cases. Here are step-by-step resources that guide you through these more advanced Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring applications:
- Becoming more effective monitoring Kubernetes at scale - Apply insights from Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring to support scaling of your Kubernetes environment.
- Maximizing infrastructure performance in Kubernetes environments - Apply best practices to optimize the performance of your Kubernetes environment.
- Finding the root cause of a problem - Detailed troubleshooting within a Kubernetes environment (requires Splunk APM).
Engage with Splunk OnDemand Services to define new use cases
Splunk experts are standing by to assist you in defining and enabling new use cases. The most direct way to engage is through Splunk OnDemand Services, which are credit-based services that allow direct access to Splunk technical consultants for a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. Many Splunk customers already have OnDemand credits included as part of their software license.
You might be interested in the following advisory services to uncover and define new use cases for your specific environment:
- Use case advisory session
- Ask a DevOps expert
- Post implementation review
Splunk OnDemand Services can also assist with configuring a use case that you have already defined, including: getting data in, creating / optimizing dashboards / visualizations, and creating / optimizing detectors.
Complete recommended trainings
The Splunk Education team has developed a full catalog of eLearning and instructor-led courses covering the entire Splunk Observability Cloud suite of products. If you're looking for our most comprehensive resource to fully understand the capabilities of Splunk Observability Cloud and to fully develop your own skills, these courses could be ideal for you.
Now you've looked at some more use cases to get the most out of your Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring implementation, read how to get data in from additional data sources.