Now more than ever, organizations face the challenge of delivering critical always-on digital services to customers and employees. Service owners must ensure the performance of these services to protect business revenue, reputation, and customer attention. However, maintaining 100% service availability is difficult due to complex environments, fragmented visibility, and slow resolution times.
Splunk ITSI can help improve business service insights through holistic visibility and dynamic KPI-driven dashboards. With ITSI, you can easily understand what impacts your business visually, correlate business services to underlying applications and infrastructure, and accelerate response times by 75%. The machine learning and predictive analytics capabilities allow you to prevent issues before they impact customers through 360-degree visibility of your services and by breaking down silos to protect the customer experience and revenue.
Questions that Splunk ITSI can help you answer include:
- Are business processes or services performing to service level expectations?
- Are there anomalies or deviations from what's normal for your business?
Business service insights acts as the umbrella of observability over the business. For example, if the customer abandonment rate increases suddenly or varies from normal, does this relate to application performance, infrastructure-related degradations, or the customer’s digital experience? Effective business service insights processes help you answer these questions and more.
How can Splunk ITSI help with business service insights?
With Splunk ITSI, you can not only monitor your service health but also your business health. You can give your people the data they need to make informed decisions fast, cutting your resolution times from hours to minutes. You can show what's broken, when it broke, why it broke, and you can know with certainty what that's affecting.
Splunk ITSI glass tables let you create a high high-level view that you can display in a NOC or anywhere convenient so people can self-serve for the status information they need. You can show how entities relate and interact with each other, key performance indicators (KPIs) tied to any number of metrics from those entities, aggregate health scores, dependencies, and more.
This visibility is great for executive reporting and frees you from emailing status updates, but it's great for service teams too. Imagine your web team and mobile team are both chasing down the same issue. They'll eventually reach the same conclusion that there's an issue with the databases that feed our authorization service. But how long do you think it'll take them both to arrive there with the tools you have today? With a properly configured Splunk ITSI deployment, you can look at the service analyzer and identify the problem within fifteen seconds, and maybe see another service that needs attention. You can then make correlations based on the dependencies you've configured and find the root cause almost as quickly.
Curious how? Watch the following demo to find out.
Business service insights use cases for Splunk ITSI
Splunk recommends following the Prescriptive Adoption Motion: Business Service Insights. This guide walks you step-by-step through implementing a best-practice business service insights workflow.
- Gaining better visibility into your third-party APM solutions
- The Content Pack for Third-party APM provides insights across legacy APM vendors, with views for IT Ops, Executive, Business, DevOps and DevSecOps professionals.
- Moving to observability with ITSI
- Your organization is moving to Observability, modernizing IT Ops or moving from monolith to microservices. You can use Splunk to meet new needs arising from these changes.
- Predicting service outages before they occur
- You can use historical KPI data and machine learning algorithms in Splunk ITSI to predict an outage 20-30 minutes before it happens.
- Prescriptive Adoption Motion - Business Service Insights
- Using Splunk ITSI to proactively monitor the most crucial SLOs, KPIs, and metrics is vital to ensure that critical service problems are identified and remediated quickly.
- Troubleshoot service problems using ITSI Service Analyzer
- The ITSI Service Analyzer helps you quickly identify the root cause of the problem when a service is non-responsive or not running as intended.