Any time you're using the Splunk platform, you want to ensure that the data within it is accurate, complete, reliable, and consistent. Trusting your data is important, and you need to be sure you're not affected by data quality problems such line breaking, event breaking, and timestamp extraction issues.
This video shows you:
- The importance of data quality in Splunk platform and how to measure it
- Common data quality issues that may arise when ingesting data and how to tackle them
- How to diagnose and rectify line breaking issues
- How to tackle event breaking issues
- How to resolve timestamp issues
This article has been brought to you by Splunk Education. We’ve learned that the strongest superheroes up-skill with Splunk Education. That’s why we are making Splunk training easier and more accessible than ever with more than 20 self-paced, free eLearning courses. You can start with foundational courses like Intro to Splunk or dive into more advanced courses like Search Under the Hood, Result Modification, and many more. Enroll today so you have the skills to detect the good, the bad, and the unproductive.
In addition, these resources might help you understand and implement this guidance:
- Product tip: Configuring new source types
Splunk OnDemand Services: Use these credit-based services for direct access to Splunk technical consultants with a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. Most customers have OnDemand Services per their license support plan. Engage the ODS team at OnDemand-Inquires@splunk.