You want to configure the trellis layout in your Dashboard Studio dashboards. This layout saves time because you won't have to create every visualization manually, and it dynamically removes or adds fields when search results are updated.
This video shows you how to set up the trellis layout. The video shows you:
- How to enable trellis layout
- How to control the:
- split by field
- number of columns displayed
- minimum column width and desired height
- maximum number of components to show before pagination
This article has been brought to you by Splunk Education. We’ve learned that the strongest superheroes up-skill with Splunk Education. That’s why we are making Splunk training easier and more accessible than ever with more than 20 self-paced, free eLearning courses. You can start with foundational courses like Intro to Splunk or dive into more advanced courses like Search Under the Hood, Result Modification, and many more. Enroll today so you have the skills to detect the good, the bad, and the unproductive.
In addition, these resources might help you understand and implement this guidance:
- Splunk Docs: Dashboard Studio
- Product tip: Using Dashboard Studio inputs in the canvas
- Product tip: Showing and hiding Dashboard Studio elements based on data availability
- Product tip: Using the events viewer visualization in Dashboard Studio
- Product tip: Converting a Classic dashboard to Dashboard Studio
- Product tip: Using the Link to Search and Link to Reports interactions in Dashboard Studio
Splunk OnDemand Services: Use these credit-based services for direct access to Splunk technical consultants with a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. Most customers have OnDemand Services per their license support plan. Engage the ODS team at OnDemand-Inquires@splunk.