This collection of use cases for the Splunk platform provides insights specifically for financial services organizations. The performance and security of a financial services organization’s environment plays a crucial role in delivering positive customer experiences, while maintaining corporate reputation and financial performance. The financial services marketplace continues to evolve with digital transformation. Key strategic priorities include regulatory compliance, operational resilience, cyber security, and financial crime prevention.
For more advanced implementations, visit our use case explorers for premium solutions: The Use Case Explorer for Security and Use Case Explorer for Observability.
For more resources on how financial services organizations use Splunk, see Financial Services & Insurance solutions.
Use cases for financial services and insurance
- Analyzing credit limit increase requests
- How to use Splunk software to map approvals and denials, grant approvals based on reference data and rules, and participate in preliminary transactions.
- Detecting credit card fraud
- Increase your operational intelligence and efficiency within the financial services industry to monitor consumer transactions and prevent fraud.
- Detecting wire transfer fraud
- You work for a financial services company that conducts a lot of wire transfers and want to protect your customers from scammers and protect the reputation of your business.
- Monitoring ATM usage
- How to use Splunk to understand deposits and withdrawals, locations of major ATM activity, and time series views of the duration of each transaction.
- Monitoring consumer credit card transactions
- Get insight into attempts that are authorized, cancelled, or denied, mapped to customer experience with regards to response time, using these Splunk procedures.
- Monitoring mobile device payments
- How to monitor mobile payment analytics to ensure they are functioning as expected, including aggregates, locations, response times, and outliers.
- Monitoring new logins to financial applications
- How to monitor new logins so you can understand the new user experience, plus any forced conscience denial to let the customer login.
- Monitoring payment responses
- How to identify the status and response time of each payment and determine whether service level agreements are being achieved.
- Monitoring wire transfers
- How to use Splunk software to get wire transfer statistics, helping you gain a deeper insight into flow of funds.
- Reporting on key trade statistics in a brokerage
- How to use your Splunk deployment to store all process events in one location, to be searched with common IDs and to present key statistics for the trades.
- Tracking a retail banking transaction end-to-end
- Use these Splunk searches to view what happens at each step of a banking transaction, with a wide variety of measurements for a hypothetical banking transaction.
- Using modern methods of detecting financial crime
- Your company wants to improve its financial crime detection capabilities. You need incremental steps for achieving better detection posture.
- Using risk scores to improve decision-making
- Incorporating risk scores or assessments into dashboards and glass tables provides decision makers one more data point to help make correct decisions.
More use cases
You might also be interested in these use cases that could be applicable to a financial services setting: