You want to embed a simple list of events into the dashboards you create in Dashboard Studio.
This video shows you how to use the events viewer visualization to populate a list of events in your dashboards. You will learn:
- How to add the events panel
- How to set up one or more data sources to populate it
- How to use customization options like:
- toggling visibility based on data availability, position, and size
- displaying the field summary data
- adding a background color
This article has been brought to you by Splunk Education. We’ve learned that the strongest superheroes up-skill with Splunk Education. That’s why we are making Splunk training easier and more accessible than ever with more than 20 self-paced, free eLearning courses. You can start with foundational courses like Intro to Splunk or dive into more advanced courses like Search Under the Hood, Result Modification, and many more. Enroll today so you have the skills to detect the good, the bad, and the unproductive.
In addition, these resources might help you understand and implement this guidance:
- Splunk Docs: Dashboard Studio
- Product tip: Configuring the trellis layout in Dashboard Studio
- Product tip: Showing and hiding Dashboard Studio elements based on data availability
- Product tip: Using Dashboard Studio inputs in the canvas
- Product tip: Converting a Classic dashboard to Dashboard Studio
- Product tip: Using the Link to Search and Link to Reports interactions in Dashboard Studio
Splunk OnDemand Services: Use these credit-based services for direct access to Splunk technical consultants with a variety of technical services from a pre-defined catalog. Most customers have OnDemand Services per their license support plan. Engage the ODS team at OnDemand-Inquires@splunk.