This collection of use cases for the Splunk platform provides insights specifically for technology, communications and media organizations. Communications and Media are in the midst of a major transformation with the adoption of new technologies like 5G, and cloud native edge compute. Service providers rely on data to drive their new and legacy services (e.g., 5G, IoT, Video, VoIP). Software as a Service (Saas) and Gaming companies are heavily dependent on machine technology to deliver resilient digital experiences.
For more advanced implementations, visit our use case explorers for premium solutions: The Use Case Explorer for Security and Use Case Explorer for Observability.
For more resources on how communications organizations use Splunk, see Communications solutions.
Use cases for technology, communications and media
- Analyzing telecommunications subscriber services
- As a telecommunications provider, you need to gather call data so you can monitor problems with your service and report on call volume and duration to your executives.
- Managing prepaid mobile services
- This guide provides a number of searches gathering prepaid mobile data so you can report on the order-to-activation workflow, as well as revenue.
- Managing telecommunications content delivery
- Learn searches to gather telecommunications content delivery data to help with IT monitoring and business analysis.
- Managing web server performance
- How to use Splunk software to track page performance, including response codes and times, and to track user data.
- Distribution of web traffic across servers
- Long-term trends in web server user load
- Long-term website performance trends
- Most common operating system and browser combination
- Number of current users on a website
- SSL certificates nearing expiration
- Synthetic checks for URL responses
- Synthetic checks for URL response times
- Top five most common web browsers
- Top ten slowest web pages on a web server
- Trends in web server response codes
- Web access and web error log correlation
- Monitoring key telecommunications service metrics
- How to use Splunk to deploy a scalable data analytics architecture across the breadth of your telecommunications operations.
- Call failure statistics
- Countries with the highest and lowest call volumes
- Estimated generated call revenue
- Failed calls by destination and gateway
- Failed calls with enriched error information
- Failed call metrics by geographic location
- General call disposition
- Longest and shortest call duration by destination
- Subscribers with the highest outbound call volume
- Successful call statistics by geography
- Total call minutes by subscriber
- Monitoring usage of wireless access points
- As a wireless network service owner, you need to ensure both the security of your networks and uptime and availability.
More use cases
You might also be interested in these use cases that could be applicable to a technology, communications and media setting: