This collection of use cases for the Splunk platform provides insights specifically for public sector organizations.
Learn how Splunk is helping government agencies deliver services to residents more securely, quickly and efficiently. The public sector team includes support for State and Local governments, Federal government, Higher Education and Academic Medical Centers that enable security, safety and positive digital experiences along with operational resiliency. Splunk has solutions to help agencies navigate operational resiliency, digital transformation, fraud detection as well as security and compliance challenges in alignment with mission success.
For more advanced implementations, visit our Use Case Explorers dedicated to the Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk Observability Cloud premium solutions: The Use Case Explorer for Security and Use Case Explorer for Observability. For more resources on how public sector organizations use Splunk, see Public sector solutions.
Use cases for public sector
- Building a data-driven law enforcement strategy
- How to use Splunk to expedite processing of suspects, decrease downtime, reduce lost hours of inefficient data processing, gain significantly improved analytical capabilities and more.
- Leveraging crime statistics to improve public safety
- Data about key statistics related to crimes can help law enforcement be prepared for what to expect when they respond to certain crimes.
- Visualizing metrics for data separated by physical boundaries
- This type of monitoring can be done through Dashboard Studio. For an example of this, see how NASA's ISS uses Dashboard Studio to monitor its physical modules.
More use cases
You might also be interested in these use cases that could be applicable to a public sector setting: