This collection of use cases for the Splunk platform provides insights specifically for public sector organizations. Learn how Splunk is helping government agencies deliver services to citizens more securely, quickly, and efficiently. The public sector team includes support for state and local governments, federal government, higher education and academic medical centers that enable security, safety, and positive digital experiences. Splunk solutions help agencies navigate operational resilience, digital transformation, and fraud detection, as well as security and compliance challenges in alignment with mission success.
For more advanced implementations, visit our use case explorers for premium solutions: The Use Case Explorer for Security and Use Case Explorer for Observability.
For more resources on how public sector organizations use Splunk, see Public sector solutions.
Use cases for the public sector
- Building a data-driven law enforcement strategy
- How to use Splunk to expedite processing of suspects, decrease downtime, reduce lost hours of inefficient data processing, gain significantly improved analytical capabilities and more.
- Creating a suspect list with cell tower data
- Cell tower data can provide location information that can be useful in criminal investigations.
- Ingesting non-standard data for law enforcement search warrant returns
- When responding to a search warrant, you need to analyze information from multiple data sources to identify criminal activity, GJ-2703D orders, or counterterrorism activity.
- Leveraging crime statistics to improve public safety
- Data about key statistics related to crimes can help law enforcement be prepared for what to expect when they respond to certain crimes.
- Visualizing metrics for data separated by physical boundaries
- This type of monitoring can be done through Dashboard Studio. For an example of this, see how NASA's ISS uses Dashboard Studio to monitor its physical modules.
More use cases
You might also be interested in these use cases that could be applicable to a public sector setting: